Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Where is the English version?


This is the second Chinese novel I have read after I came back from Canada. Well, mother language is still the best choice to finish a novel as fast as I want. Every time it is so difficult for me to stop finishing whole books if I made a beginning. This novel is wrote by Paulo Coelho, an effective writer in Latin America, who was born in Brazil. This novel which talks about religion is very interesting. Oh! The name of this book is A BRUXA de PORTOBELLO. I don't know what the language of this name, but the most important issue was happened in that street, St. Portobello. I am not tend to make an outline or a skeleton for that long story. In fact, what made me impressed is that more than half of opinions in this novel are just match my original ideas. I have thought about these strange rules, customs, and thoughts in our society. Although the main idea of the story is about the girl, Athena, who claims the God is the Mother of Land, instead of Jesus who Christians praise and admire since long long time ago. There are so many samples show out that all acknowledge and behaviors which are not normal or unacceptable in the society, and the people with these "unusual" or "irregular" ideas will be attached labels, such as witches or even evil. However, they are just different from regular people. Moreover, when more and more citizens tend to believe in this "evil" religion, Christians starts to defend their historical faith, the only God in the world is Jesus and others are threaten. Whatever, all chapters in the novel are endeavoring to reveal some interesting but lack of logic phenomenons in our society and then discuss them in special events. That breaks the rules in my world for a while; however, the acts of brainwash are existing in every moment. It is not easy to think about something in an irregular or opposite way with confidence. At the same time, I wonder if all the ideas in my mind are correct or just disciplined?

No comments: