Friday, March 28, 2008

Cook ~ \o/


After a period of boring time, I took a lesson of cooking. Chinese style is not my first choice, yet it is a proper way to make sure if I love cooking so much or just it is an impulse. The class is held on every friday. Each time takes six hours to experience ten dishes. There are six people in the class, and i have two partners in the same team. Generally, I have chance to make two or three dishes everytime. The class is held for passing examination, so the significant point is the progress of cooking intsead of tastes. Today is my second day to go to the class. All my classmates are housewives or students who are studying at high school still. It is an another kind of interest. Until now, I got some ideas about how to manage shimps, chicken's breasts, meat from pig's rear legs, loofahs. However, I consider it really takes time to comprehend the mysterious tricks. I can feel it, but it is invisible or inconspecious. Well at the same time, I also feel my new life is starting moving a little bit. As old wisdom said," the most difficult part of an issue is the beginning." Thank you for your courage! I will make my life better with my complete effort. I am excited now!! lol By the way, the picture is 粉蒸肉片. The yellow stuff in the bottom is sweetpotato, and the all above are slices of pork with special powder. I preserved the meat with salt, sugar, alcohol, garlic, strips of chili first. The process of preserving took 15 minutes. Then piled the meat in a bowl, and put thick slices of sweetpotato as a cover on the top. Eventually, using vapor to steam it for 30 minutes, and it would be done and shapped by the bowl. It tasted really amazing~~The sweetpotato was the one that everyone praised for mostly. BUT, the main charactor in this dish is meat. *_*"

No comments: