Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Level 6 's Discussion

Today's topic was "Sex in advertising sells, how much .....". Actually, I couldn't remember it completely, but I knew it discussed about too much naked image in TV and magazines. Another point is how these sexy or sexual images influence people and society. It should be a good chance to practice our speaking, but it was not because there were too many people. However, I learned something about how to host a successful discussion. In my opinion, participators should prepare their perpectives before they join this discussion, and they should make their opinions short as summarys. Hosters should countrol the situation, and they have to make sure that everyone must has at least one chance to convey their opinions and hosters have to keep the atmosphere exciting, too. The topic is good, but I think all of us need to practice more to make a good discussion. On the other hand, it is also important to make everyone focus on only one topic. Today some people thought too much to miss the spot, and this kind of behavior or situation would waste people's time, and there would be no conclusion. Eventually, it ended because there was no more time. I had a precious experience in this discussion although it was not so good and complete. I appreciated that they hosted an interesting discussion.

No comments: